The Foundation of the Alexandria Bar Association is the charitable arm of the association. The foundation provides scholarships to Alexandria high school students and provides grants to local organizations for projects that have at least one of the following purposes and that will primarily serve residents of the City of Alexandria:
1. The provision of legal services to indigent individuals;
2. Improvements in the legal system;
3. Improvements in the access of individuals to the legal system;
4. Improvements in the administration of justice; and
5. The provision of legal or law-related education.